Who: Open to ALL 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Graders!
What: 3 on 3 Full and Half Court Games with a Sub!
Where: Boylan Catholic High School
When: 5 MONDAYS in April, 2019 Dates: April 1st, April 8th, April 15th, April 22nd and April 29th
Do I need to register as a team? No, Rockford Elite Staff will place you on teams and change teams around each week.
Jersey: Each Player will receive a Rockford Elite basketball practice Jersey.
Travel Opportunities: Our 3 on 3 league is NOT travel basketball but it will certainly allow our staff to determine the best fit/placement for travel teams in 2019.
“I absolutely love the 3 on 3 format for both full court and half court” Coach Warner
Details: Coach Jason Warner will lead the spring session on Monday nights. Players will be divided on teams each Monday and will typically have a new team every week. This session of 3 on 3 Full Court Basketball will focus on Game Play. We believe there are numerous benefits to playing both 3 on 3 half court and 3 on 3 full court and we would like to share them with you.
Benefits to 3 v 3 Play
- More touches, shots, handling the ball, passes, rebounds, etc… for players: On average players will touch the ball 1/6 of the time as opposed to 1/10 of the time in 5v5.
- Everyone is a guard: One of our rules in 3 v 3 is if you get a rebound you push the ball up the floor. All players need to learn to dribble with their head up and look to advance the ball.
- Harder to defend: 3 v 3 is harder to defend than 5v5, it is more difficult to get away with poor defense so players naturally have to have better help side and ball containment.
- Great way to build your motion offense: You can still teach almost all the screens and cuts that you would utilize in your 5v5 offense: pass and cut, screen aways, hard curls, ball screens, dribble drive action etc…
- FUN!! Most important part of the program!